This is a health unit that covers some of the most common types of drugs that affect teens: nicotine, marijuana, and alcohol. It also briefly discusses other popular illegal substances, their effects, and addictiveness levels (i.e cocaine, crack, ecstasy, etc...). It concludes by discussing ways for teens to seek help with addiction for themselves or friends. A great unit for ages 12 and up to learn the dangers of drug use.
The unit provides the following:
- readings (information) about the drugs stated above
- follow up worksheets for each section
- a project outline and rubric - students will create an informational brochure that discusses a drug that they choose to research.
- a final test with answer key
Free Resources Offer:
1. After purchasing one of my products, rate and comment on the product.
2. E-mail me at email@example.com to let me know that you have left a rating and feedback. Please include your Tpt username in your email. Request another product from my store that you would like to receive for free (must be less than $30).
3. I will verify that you have indeed left feedback and a comment on the product you purchased.
4. I will send you a link to download your free product.
** Remember ** You can earn Tpt Credits and save money on future purchases by returning to my store to rate this product! Furthermore, your rating and feedback will help me to continue to create products that suit yours and other teachers’ needs.