Brought to you by Kodaly Music With Mrs Perry, this is an easy go to lesson for rhythms.
HERE IS WHAT YOU GET:
* 7 pages
* INTRODUCTION to the concept of one hand per syllable. There are pictures of vegetables with the names underneath. Play the names on the drums.
* SUBSTITUTE the actual rhythmic terms for the vegetables and play them
* MOVE ON TO simple, even rhythms.
* NEXT, ADD IN uneven rhythms.
* DIVIDE THE CLASS and have them read & play two different rhythms at the same time..
* GROUP THE STUDENTS into groups of four. They can each choose one of the written rhythms, practice it and then perform the four patterns as an ensemble.
* ASSESSMENT PAGE is provided. This serves multiple purposes. First, it is a formative assessment. Secondly, it can be a summative assessment. It can be both a performance assessment and written assessment. Simply print it and distribute it to students.
Drumming - uneven vs even rhythms
by Debra Keller-Perry
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License