Duck and Goose Vocabulary, Assessment and -ay Practice
There are several activities in this pack to supplement the book: Duck and Goose by Tad Hills.
• 4 vocabulary cards- boast, doubt, forceful and suspicious These a perfect size the use on the word wall, in the writing center or with the whole class.
• 4 journal prompts- easily adaptable to student levels, they can draw and or write to answer the prompts. These are perfect for getting students to think about the book more deeply.
• comprehension assessment- this includes 8 questions all multiple choice. 2 of the questions the students will circle pictures, 3 others the students will circle a word or phrase, the other 3 the students will circle complete sentences. (With this assessment I generally read the questions and answer choices to them.)
• -ay literacy center - for this center students match -ay picture cards and the words. This can easily be done in a pocket chart or on a table/carpet.
• interactive -ay Powerpoint game- in this game the teacher and/or students will read the sentences and fill in the missing -ay word. What teachers are saying about this resource:
♥ This went very well with my students :) Thank you! (Anne G.)
♥ Great resource to go along with the story! (Mary P.)
If you like this pack please consider purchasing another one of my vocabulary and comprehension assessment packs.
The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry and the Big Hungry Bear
Dear Mr. Blueberry
Simon and Molly Plus Hester
Duck and Goose Find a Pumpkin
The Day it Rained Hearts
One Dog Canoe
Nicky and the Rainy Day
Zinnia’s Flower Garden
*FREE* Dear Juno