This is a great number matching activity to use with your child/student that loves trucks! The child/student matches the numbers to complete the activity. This activity is best used as a file folder activity.
To make file folder activity:
1. Print and laminate pages.
2. Cut out all dump truck cards.
3. For this activity, you can use up to 10 different numbers at a time. Take a laminated legal sized file folder and Velcro one set of cards on the right side of the folder. Also, put soft (loop) Velcro on the number card where the child will match the number card to.
4. Place strips of soft (loop) Velcro on the left side of the file folder. This is where the number cards will go (after you place hard/hook Velcro on the back of the cards).
5. Set-up the game with one set of number cards on the right of the file folder and the matching set of number cards on the left of the file folder. The game moves from left to right.
6. Make sure that each time you present this game to the child that the pieces are moved around. For example, the number 5 shouldn't always be on the top right. This helps with generalization. You don't want the child to memorize the order. You want them to understand the concept.
The Picture Communication Symbols ©1981–2015 by Mayer-Johnson LLC a Tobii Dynavox company. All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Used with permission.
Boardmaker® is a trademark of Mayer-Johnson LLC.
2100 Wharton Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
Phone: 1 (800) 588-4548
Fax: 1 (866) 585-6260
Web site: www.mayer-johnson.com