Practice reading & chanting duple and triple division rhythm patterns!
There are two sets of slides included in this Smart Notebook. The sound files in the first set are played by an electronic metronome. Gordon rhythm syllables are used in the second set of sound files.
Each pattern is moveable and has a sound file attached. Once the pattern order becomes familiar to students, drag the patterns to create a new, unfamiliar order. Suggestions for use include:
1. Establish meter and chant each pattern with rhythm syllables as a group.
2. When students can perform patterns as a group, ask them to perform solo patterns with rhythm syllables. With repetition, this sequence will soon become familiar to students.
3. Each measure is an individual graphic. Drag measures to rearrange into an unfamiliar order.
4. In unfamiliar order, ask students to perform solo patterns with rhythm syllables.
5. Play a game (assess): Leader chants a pattern with rhythm syllables, student identifies notation for the pattern. Check answers by tapping pattern.
Eight additional assessment slides ask students match the played/chanted pattern with the notation.
Duple & Triple Macrobeat/Microbeat Rhythm Patterns
G Major and G Minor Tonal Patterns for Note Reading Practice
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺