Welcome spring with a Dyed Eggs Craft Activity. Hardboiled eggs are soaked in a water-vinegar-food coloring solution to produce a colorful bowl of spring eggs! Students are also encouraged to use their five senses to solve an 'egg mystery ...which egg, A or B, is the hardboiled egg?
This animated PowerPoint craft is part of an ongoing series of recipes, crafts, poems, songs and science projects designed to serve as a vehicle for reinforcing literacy in the classroom. Although content was originally designed to capitalize on interactive whiteboard technology, the files work beautifully with the free Microsoft PowerPoint app for the iPad. Now the Animated Step-by-Steps can be more easily used in activity centers or individual therapy sessions (SLP, OT). Visit the Animated Step-by-Step blog (www.animatedstepbysteps.blogspot.com) for further information on using your Animated Step-by-Steps in the classroom.
• The step-by-step text is simple and consistent across activities.
• Steps have been distilled into smaller components to make them less overwhelming for beginning readers and students with special needs.
• Each PowerPoint slide presents a single step with several embedded animations
designed to help all students better understand the step requirements.
• Animations are designed to support and visually reward reading and promote language comprehension.
• Stars appear in the text, signaling when an animation should to be inserted.
• Animations are slow to promote visual tracking in several directions.
• Photos are clear (no background distractions) and uniform across activities, thereby promoting consistent picture-word-text associations.
• Each PowerPoint slide includes an image of the final product thereby providing a constant reminder/reference for what is being assembled.
• Sound effects accompany all key animations to reinforce a deeper understanding of actions and are designed to include individuals who are visually impaired.
• The task of activating animations is typically shared by students (by coming up to the board to tap or by using a remote switch) or can be assigned to a single student undergoing training in switch use.
• Space has been allotted between the text lines to allow classroom staff to add picture symbols to the document to support an AAC agenda for students with Complex Communication Needs. (.pps file must be converted to .ppt or .pptx file to add symbol graphics)
This file was created using PowerPoint 14.3.5 but appears to function fine on earlier versions of PowerPoint. Please note the downloaded file is a read only PowerPoint Show file (97-2004). It should be compatible with PowerPoint versions 97 to current.
Bloom is committed to providing students and teachers with creative and engaging materials designed to promote differentiated instruction that is beneficial for all students.