Dynamite Dinosaurs is one of my favorite thematic units! It fits in perfectly with all kinds of centers from science to literacy. And it highlights what kids are so good at––exploring and using their imaginations!
• Kids baby sit a dinosaur and build volcanoes and dinosaur lands. They join a Dynamite Dinosaur’s Club, go on a dinosaur dig, and make Fossil Frost for a snack.
• They interact with craft-stick puppets at circle time, and have fun dialing for dinosaurs.
• They learn new poems, finger plays, and songs. And, of course, they make new discoveries with dinosaur footprints, skeletons, and dinosaur nests.
• This unit also includes physical activities like Pin the Spike on Stegosaurus and Don’t Get Lost in The Munchie Maze to get the wiggles out and get them moving.
• Dramatic play comes to life with a museum exhibit complete with tickets!
• But the most fun of all might be creating a book about Dimples the Dinosaur, and planning her 4th birthday party. These projects can be taken home and shared with the family.
• This unit includes 71 pages, and I think I’ve covered most of the centers. I’ve also included a parent letter (to let them know what’s going on) a page or two full of dinosaur facts, a calendar, and ideas for making transitions go a little easier. And after all of the learning they’ve accomplished, they get to take home a certificate signed by you! Lots and lots of printables!
*** Click on "download a preview" to see many of the pages in this unit. ***
Thank you for stopping by!
Edna Wallace, Lickety Split Lessons and Stuff