Now ALL students in your class can access the thematic curriculum with these systematically color-coded words divided by syllable. The word cards can be used over and over again, even throughout the year with whole class, small group, or one to one.
This download includes:
+ 25 different Christmas-themed words. Each word is represented 4 ways:
- Word divided into syllables and color-coded
- Whole word, color-coded
- Syllable type labels
- Word divided into syllables, color-coded, with 1 part missing - for activity (see
teacher question page)
+ 4 Teacher Reference Sheets:
- Small classroom chart with each color-coding rule explained - Format A
- Small classroom chart with each color-coding rule explained - Format B
- Syllable types defined
- Glossary: digraph, blend, glued sounds, etc.
Format A and Format B contain the same information, just in 2 different ways.
+ 2 Teacher question pages with answers for teachers to ask students.
+ 25 words not colored in, for students to practice color-coding by vowel sound themselves OR for teachers to create their own modified versions of my color-coding system.
+ 4 blank cards for teachers to write additional words of their choice