Students who need systematic reading instruction, in the general education classroom will benefit from these Photosynthesis-themed, color-coded words divided by syllable. These word cards can be used over and over again, even throughout the year with whole class, small group, or one to one.
For older students who may just need a reference page can use the word bank that is included at the end of this document, rather than using the larger word cards. The word bank can be seen in the preview above.
This download includes:
+ 33 different vocabulary words associated with Photosynthesis.
Each word is represented 4 ways:
- Word divided into syllables and color-coded
- Whole word, color-coded
- Syllable type labels
- Whole word, outlined, not colored in, for students to practice color-coding
+ Photosynthesis Word Bank
- all 33 words, color-coded, alphabetically, for students to keep in their Science notes
+ 4 Teacher Reference Sheets:
- Wall chart with each color-coding rule explained - Format A
- Wall chart with each color-coding rule explained - Format B
- Syllable types defined
- Glossary: digraph, blend, glued sounds, etc.
Format A and Format B contain the same information, just in 2 different ways.