Now they'll spell their words correctly!
Students who need systematic reading instruction, in the general education classroom will benefit from these Poetry-themed, color-coded words divided by syllable. No longer will students struggle to read the words on the board.
Older students who may just need a reference page can use the word bank that is included at the end of this document, rather than using the larger word cards. The word bank can be seen in the preview above.
These word cards can be used over and over again, even throughout the year with whole class, small group, or one to one.
This download includes:
29 words represented 5 ways:
- Word divided into syllables and color-coded
- Whole word, color-coded - 90 or 100 font
- Syllable type labels
- Whole word, outlined, not colored in, for students to practice color-coding.
- poetry word bank - 12 font
+ Poetry Word Bank
+ 4 Teacher Reference Sheets:
- Wall chart with each color-coding rule explained - Format A
- Wall chart with each color-coding rule explained - Format B
- Syllable types defined
- Glossary: digraph, blend, glued sounds, etc.
Format A and Format B contain the same information, just in 2 different ways.
29 Words Included:
Build your phonetically-coded word card collection with these other thematic word sets: