Get "Researching Contemporary Utopian Societies" FREE
when you buy both "Characteristics of Dystopian Fiction"
and "Dystopian Elements in the Lego Movie."
The total value of these products is $9.50.
1) "Researching Contemporary Utopian Societies"
will help students understand the difficulties inherent in attempting to create an ideal society. Students will research the beliefs, goals, and challenges of a community pursuing an idealized lifestyle. After reflecting on the challenges of building such a community, along with the advantages and disadvantages to living in such a community, students will be asked to discuss whether the ideals being pursued are suitable for the majority of people in society at large.
2) Use the PPT lesson "Characteristics of Dystopian Fiction"
to introduce the genre to students. Then Distribute the “Analyzing Dystopian Literature” worksheet to students and have them fill it out while watching “The Lego Movie.”
3) "Dystopian Elements in the Lego Movie"
analyzes the elements of a story in the film with a special emphasis on what makes it an example of dystopian fiction. This lesson also includes a vocabulary trivia game to review key vocabulary from the movie and a compare and contrast essay planner to compare the movie to any dystopian story.
Students will conduct independent research, learn the characteristics of dystopian fiction, and analyze the elements of a story in The Lego Movie.
For more details about the materials included in this bundle:
- Researching Contemporary Utopian Societies
- Characteristics of Dystopian Fiction
- Dystopian Elements in the Lego Movie
* I hope to provide you with the best possible teaching resource that I can. If you spot a mistake or typo in any of my products, please do contact me so that I can fix it as soon as possible for you: amuseintheclassroom(at)gmail(dot)com