This is an anticipation guide made active!
Through the guide, students are introduced to the topics and themes often addressed in dystopian literature. First, students must reflect upon a series of theme-driven statements. Afterwords, students participate in "Four Corners" style discussion groups, engaging in small group talks about their opinions and beliefs. A fun, interactive way to begin your unit on any dystopian novel. Some suggestions include:
* 1984 by George Orwell
* Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
* The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
* Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
* Divergent by Veronica Roth
* The Giver by Lois Lowry
* The Maze Runner by James Dashner
* The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
Included in the document:
- Teacher Activity Instructions
- Copiable Student Anticipation Guide
- Number Signs for Four Corners Activity
For your ease, all documents are created in Word and are fully modifiable to suit your needs!