Also included in
- Brave New World Unit : Aldous Huxley's Brave New World is an excellent text for AP Literature, general, or honors students. This unit includes activities, quizzes, paired poetry, a discussion-based anticipation guide, engaging response journal activity, student-centered historical context cooperativ$22.00$40.25Save $18.25
- 1984 Unit : George Orwell's 1984 is an excellent text for AP Literature, general, or honors students that will challenge your students to think deeply about personal freedoms, the danger of totalitarian governments, the importance of the past, and more. This growing unit is still being added to, but$15.00$22.50Save $7.50
Dystopian Literature Genre Introduction : This assignment is the perfect introduction to a dystopian novel study, such as 1984, Handmaid's Tale, Brave New World, The Giver, or Fahrenheit 451. Students are introduced to popular dystopias in pop. culture and must analyze the function of the dystopia.
Our society is obsessed with “Good Places” — places where evil and jealousy and hunger and famine are no more. We’ve sought them out through laws and technology and philosophy and government, but good intentions often fall short, ideals become warped, and society is still a good ways off from perfection.
This assignment asks students to look at "Good Places Gone Bad" in pop. culture by providing both a list of dystopian films/shows and key questions to guide their analysis. This is a perfect lead-in to characteristics of dystopian worlds or to a dystopian unit like Brave New World, The Giver, 1984, or even Handmaid's Tale.
Want more dystopian literature resources? Check out the following:
Teaching Brave New World? Check out the following resources:
- Dystopian World Building Project-Based Learning Unit
- Brave New World Bundle -- Still growing!
- Dystopian Literature Intro: Seeking "The Good Place" Assignment
- Everyone is Happy Now: Questions for Atwood's Article on Brave New World
- Brave New World - Historical Context Jigsaw Activity
- Brave New World - Chapter Three Reader's Theater
- Brave New World - Caste System Graphic Organizer
- Brave New World: Close Reading and Annotation Flipgrid Challenges
How to Get FREE TPT Credit to Use on Future Purchases:
- Go to the My Purchases page and you'll see a Provide Feedback button next to your purchase. Click on it and it will take you to a page where you can give a quick rating and add a short comment in order to receive TPT Credit that you can use for the purchase of your choice!
Want to be the first to know about store discounts, sales, freebies, and new products?
- Scroll to the top of this page and click on the Follow Me button next to my profile picture. This will ensure that you'll get updates about everything going on in my store!