Also included in
- Brave New World Unit : Aldous Huxley's Brave New World is an excellent text for AP Literature, general, or honors students. This unit includes activities, quizzes, paired poetry, a discussion-based anticipation guide, engaging response journal activity, student-centered historical context cooperativ$22.00$40.25Save $18.25
- PBL Unit Bundles for ELA Classrooms : English classrooms are at an advantage when it comes to Project-based Learning -- our content is based on skills and creation. These three PBL units cover research, writing, reading, and speaking in a way that will engage your students and clearly relate to the$36.90$37.00Save $0.10
- 1984 Unit : George Orwell's 1984 is an excellent text for AP Literature, general, or honors students that will challenge your students to think deeply about personal freedoms, the danger of totalitarian governments, the importance of the past, and more. This growing unit is still being added to, but$15.00$22.50Save $7.50
You deserve to simplify your planning through enriching, engaging resources. Engage your students in a study of dystopias and dystopian literature through this engaging and rigorous PBL! This unit is meant to work alongside a book study of any dystopian novel (Handmaid's Tale, Brave New World, 1984, The Giver, Fahrenheit 451, etc.) and guide students through the steps of creating their own dystopian worlds through using their assigned text as a model. Encourage your students to critique society in a creative and insightful way through this unit.
Includes digital and PDF handouts. Digital handouts are compatible with Google Slides.
This unit includes…
Pgs. 1-5: An overview of the assignment with final rubric, suggested authentic audiences and project timeline.
Pg. 6 - A project entry document detailing the assignment
Pg. 7-12 - A group contract with powerpoint going over expectations
Pg. 13 - Dystopian Case Study
Pg. 14-17 - Dystopian World Overview Assignment
Pg. 18 - Dystopian Map assignment
Pg. 19 - Dystopian Dictionary Entry
Pg. 20 - Dystopian Propaganda
Pg. 21 - Peer Review Assignment
Want more dystopian resources?
- Dystopian Literature Intro: Seeking "The Good Place" Assignment (Included in BNW Bundle)
- This activity and more are included in my Brave New World Bundle
Interested in more Project-Based Learning Units? Check out my "Talk Like TED: Public Speaking Unit"
You deserve to simplify your planning through enriching, engaging resources. Get FREE TPT Credit to Use on Future Purchases:
- Go to the My Purchases page and you'll see a Provide Feedback button next to your purchase. Click on it and it will take you to a page where you can give a quick rating and add a short comment in order to receive TPT Credit that you can use for the purchase of your choice!
Want to be the first to know about store discounts, sales, freebies, and new products?
- Scroll to the top of this page and click on the Follow Me button next to my profile picture. This will ensure that you'll get updates about everything going on in my store!
Let's be social! Come connect with me!