Easter is the time to get "cracken". Easter eggs leads into a study of Easter and eggs used in food products. It is a time you could do the life cycle of a chick or birds in general. Also it is a great opportunity to have a classroom visitor make psanky eggs with your students. It is a time to study country of Ukraine also!
As part of the science design process a basket to support an egg drops would be such fun.
Good Books to read to activate this activity:
- Chick Life Cycle - Elizabeth Bennett
- The Egg Tree - Katherine Milhouse
- There was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Chick - Lucille Colandro
- Easter - Gail Gibbons
- 10 Easter Egg Hunters - Janet Schulmann
- Chesters Colorful Easter Eggs - Theresa Smythe
- Care Bears - Easter Egg Hunt - Scholastic
- The Best Easter Egg Ever - Jenny Snath