From Electric English...
This is a comprehensive packet for Edwin Arlington Robinson and his fictional town of Tilbury. You might notice as you peruse my store that each of these items is listed individually, as well as, bundled. For example, the answer key for the questions is listed separate from the questions themselves.... This is not because I am greedy or want to squeeze one more dollar out of you. Had I included the answer key with the assessment, I would have listed the price at a dollar higher anyway.
No, I list everything separate because as a teacher, I know, that sometimes you want some material but do not want other material. And, you should not have to pay for items you do not need. To continue with my previous example, you might just want to do the answer key yourself and save the money.... I completely understand the need to save money; what teacher doesn't :) But if you do want it all...
This packet contains about three weeks of work, give or take a day. I have, intentionally, not included lesson plans with these packets because I feel, at times, they can be stifling.... The idea here is; you can pick and choose whatever material you want; in whatever order you want (depending on the time you have); instead of, constantly feeling like you must adhere to a certain schedule. Plus, this way, you have many resources at your disposal and can mix and match from year to year depending on your mood. This packet contains the following:
- Biography: Annotation
- Biography: Student Research
- Essential Journal Questions Powerpoint (These accompany the information the students will learn about his life and his work.)
- Notes: Tone
- Poem: "Aaron Stark"
- Poem: "Bewick Finzer"
- Poem: "Mr. Flood's Party"
- Poem: "John Evereldown"
- Poem: "Reuben Bright"
- Poem: "Leonora"
- Poem: "Stafford's Cabin"
- Poem: "Luke Havergal"
- Poem: "Richard Cory"
- Poem: "Cliff Klingenhagen"
- Poem: "Miniver Cheevy"
- Poem: "An Evangelist's Wife"
- Poem: "George Crabbe"
- Informational Text: "The Trials of Life in Tilbury"
- Artistic Activity 1
- Artisitc Activity 2
- Irony Activity
- Song: "Danny Boy" by The Pogues
- Song: "Angie" by The Rolling Stones
- Song: "Nikita" by Elton John
- Song: "Daniel" by Elton John
- Song: "Me and Bobby McGee" by Janis Joplin
- Song: "Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson
- Song: "Eleanor Rigby" by The Beatles
- Song: "A Boy Named Sue" by Johnny Cash
- Song: "Johnny B. Goode" by Chuck Berry
- Song: "Blind Willie McTell" by Bob Dylan
- Song: "Jolene" by Dolly Parton
Please contact me with any questions or observations you might have :)