Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
3.59 MB | 10 pages
This is a coloring page that contains text about earthquakes. Concepts include:
- Earthquakes often occur along tectonic plate boundaries.
- The plate motion that causes earthquakes is ultimately powered by convection currents in the earth.
- There are three types of plate boundaries: divergent, convergent, and transform.
- What is a fault?
- Tension builds up along fault zones.
- There are three types of faults: normal, reverse, and strike-slip.
- When tension along fault lines builds up, eventually it is released in the form of an earthquake.
Coloring pages are great for introducing ideas, for reviewing a unit, for lessons with a substitute teacher, for after-test assignments.