EDITABLE Chapter Book Study Summary Flip Book
Engage students in chapter books by having them complete this fun project! Your students can read ANY chapter book and complete this fun summarizing flip book. Students will practice summarizing book chapters using the "somebody, wanted, but, so, then" format.
There are three options for flip books.
- Option A goes up to 18 chapters, and simply practices summarizing.
- Option B is two sided, goes to chapter 13 and allows students to practice summarizing, creating a mental picture and predicting what will happen in following chapters.
- Option C is an editable file that allows you to edit the titles of the chapter to change them however you want. The fonts I used are included in the PowerPoint.
This resource includes:
- 2 Anchor Charts (Summarizing and Someone Wanted But So Then)
- 23 Pages for the Flip Books
- 32 Page Editable PowerPoint
- Teaching Tips
- Photo Examples
Students can work alone, in groups, or as a whole class to complete this project. I always model it first with a read aloud and allow a different student each day to write the summary for the class. After we do this as a class, I do this with my small reading groups, then students are able to work on these independently. We usually work at the pace of one chapter a day until our books are done.
Please open the preview file before purchasing this resource. Don't forget to leave feedback on all paid resources to earn credits toward free resources! Enjoy!