Struggling to incorporate differentiation into your daily lessons? Cubing is an excellent strategy when doing so in your classroom! When showing mastery of standards through cubing, students are given control of their learning!
Cubing is an excellent way to differentiate lessons across subject areas. In spelling instruction, it gives the teacher the ability to give an independent or group task to students while providing them with multiple opportunities to show what they've mastered. Students love options! Considering Howard Gardner's Multiple Intelligences, students are given options of ways to respond that cater to these. This word work activity does just that! Print cubes and leave at your word work center. Students choose their preference of which way they would like to respond or practice that exercises their multiple intelligence!
CLICK HERE for an interactive class activity on Howard Gardner's Multiple Intelligences! This lesson will show students how they learn best and help guide them to "just right" cube options.
Within this Word Work pack you will find:
- Teacher instructions on how to use the cube
-Spelling pattern and standard poster + EDITABLE option
- Spelling Word Cards: Cards are blank. Print, laminate, cut, and use a permanent maker to record words. Use hand sanitizer to remove permanent marker off of lamination and reuse for next unit! An EDITABLE version is also included in which you may type and print cards.
- A differentiation cube that exercises phonics skills and spelling patterns based on a given unit/list. Cube includes six different ways to respond that assesses a student's ability to recognize, practice, and use spelling patterns in context. Prompts are reflective of Howard Gardner's Multiple Intelligences such as linguistic, artistic, naturalistic, etc.
- 3.5 X 3.5 cubing inserts, if needed. These can be used with Carson-Dellosa Publishing Differentiated Instruction Cubes
- Six recording sheets that support each cube prompt. Recording sheets use Thinking Maps heavily. These are simplistic in that they prepare students to eventually be able to fulfill each prompt independently using an appropriate map without guidance of an outline.
- Cubing Rubric to provide students with expectations of completion.
Thank you for downloading! Remember to leave feedback on how this worked in your classroom!
KG Drops of Jupiter Font
KG Always a Good Time Font
KG SecondChances Chalkboard Font
KG Chasing Cars Font
D'Nealian Style Family Fonts-Fonts4Teachers
Stella Jumbo Papers and Clip Art-Teaching Super Power
Dice Template/Blank Dice/Dice Dots Clip Art-Dancing Crayon Designs
School Subject Kidlettes by Melonheadz