EDITABLE Fall Writing Prompts: Pumpkins, November, Thanksgiving, Veterans Day +
What educators are saying
These 46 fall picture writing prompts are a great way to engage upper elementary or middle school students in writing with a quick, easy activity. With no prep required, they're a great last minute resource for your fall writing centers. Download and go! No printing needed! They are perfect for your 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th grade students.
⚡✅ Ready to save OVER 70%? CLICK HERE to get this download as part of a year-round BUNDLE.⚡✅
This file is meant to be downloaded and then projected on an overhead for the class. It is only available in widescreen format, so please make sure that is appropriate for the device you are using before purchase.
**CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW FILE TO DOWNLOAD AND TRY THREE PICTURE WRITING PROMPTS FOR FREE! You will not get to try the editable files in the free preview.**
WHAT YOU GET:
- 11 general fall writing prompts - leaves, pumpkins, pine cones, & more!
- 11 September writing prompts - Constitution Day, Grandparents Day, Johnny Appleseed Day, & more!
- 14 October writing prompts - Halloween, Fire Safety Week, skulls, jack-o-lanterns, & more!
- 10 November writing prompts - Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, & more!
- Six writing response cards for students (in case you want a printable option)
- All of the fall picture writing prompts above with an EDITABLE option where you can write your own text in PowerPoint
Please know this resource was made for the American teacher, based on American holidays and events. While it could be used by teachers in other countries, you may not find all the holidays and images applicable. But you will enjoy my WRITING PROMPTS BUNDLE FOR ANY TIME OF YEAR. Check it out now!
HOW CAN THESE PUZZLES BE USED?
- Fall writing centers, stations, or rotations
- On days when you are short on time for a writing lesson
- On days where students have lost focus and you still want to squeeze some writing in
- When you want to take a break from a larger writing project, but need something engaging to fill the time
TEACHERS WHO HAVE USED THIS RESOURCE HAVE SAID:
- Coming soon!
OTHER RESOURCES YOU MAY ENJOY
- My "Caption This!" Picture Writing Prompts
- 150 Picture Writing Prompts for ANY time of year
- All my Language Arts resources for 3rd-5th grade students
These 46 picture picture fall writing prompts are meant to be a fun way to engage students in the writing process. You get 46 different picture writing prompts to choose from - general fall prompts and prompts specific to the months of September, October, and November.
You also get an EDITABLE PowerPoint file so you can type out your own text. This gives you even more options with the 46 prompts included, meaning you could potentially use them multiple times to focus on different types of writing.
These work great for writing centers, on days where your writing time is cut short (late starts and early releases, anyone?), when students have lost their focus, or when you want to take a break from a bigger writing project.
In my classroom I used our Interactive Writing Notebooks for students to record their responses. But I have also included six printable options for your needs.
There are any rubrics included in this download. I would sometimes grade on completion, sometimes focus on a specific skill or goal (vocabulary or punctuation), and othertimes skip the grading. (Because I was laughing too hard at the student responses! Those days I called it a community building.)
Give these a try with your second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, or eighth grade classroom or homeschool students. You're sure to bring some fun into the day!
Thanks for looking!