In this EDITABLE Groovy Cat themed slideshow you add your students' pictures and names to create a learning activity that will help build your classroom community while your students learn their letters and sounds!. I make one of these for my students every year and play it daily! It helps them learn their friends' names, AND it helps them with letter and sound recognition.
Each day we go through the slideshow and "read" it together. For example "A is for Ashlynn, /a/ /a/ Ashlynn." or "J is for Jeremiah, /j/ /j/ J."
On each slide, the upper and lowercase letter are featured, along with a Groovy Cat. All you have to do is add your photos and type in your students' names and you're ready to go!
Simply by going through this slideshow a few minutes a day, you'll improve your classroom community by ensuring that your students learn each others' names. Even more importantly, your students will start to easily pick up on letter and sound recognition as they learn what letter their bestie's name starts with! Names and faces are so important to our students ~ harness that motivation for your own classroom!
• Groovy Cat Classroom Decor Bundle
• Groovy Cat Themed Behavior Clip Chart
• Groovy Cat Center Signs
• Groovy Cat Rhyming Match-Up
• Groovy Cat Sight Word Game
• Groovy Cat Themed Alphabet Match-Up
• Groovy Cat Themed Roll & Cover Addition & Subtraction Games
• Groovy Cat Phonological Awareness - Rhyming, Syllables, Initial Sounds