Looking for a great way to end the year (and keep your students busy while you wrap things up for the year)? This memory book is just for 3rd and 4th graders. Spice up the end of the year and get your students engaged in reflection, writing, photography and fun! This memory book has a modern feel to it. Students fill in the pages with writing, pictures, and any other embellishments they'd like to add to reflect their personality and style. This can be done during the last week of school. You can also ask students to create their own cover page if they'd like.
It is a zip file that contains the memory book's 37 pages as a PDF and also includes the ORIGINAL WORD document that you can edit to suit your needs.
***Do you teach multiple grades, check out Memory Book - End of Year Activity 5-12 grade
Memory Book Includes
1. Separate Cover Pages: one for 3rd grade and one for 4th grade (no need to buy separate products if you teach both grades or combo classes)
2. Title Page where students write their name, school name, city and state. They also write down a summary of their 3rd grade year or 4th grade year. There are two separate Title Pages (one for 3rd and one for 4th)
(The rest of the pages don't have a specific grade on them. They can be used in 3rd or 4th grade).
3. Table of Contents (see preview file)
4. Me, Myself and I: an all about me section where students write their age, height, hair color, words to describe themselves, trends they followed, and much more.
5. My Favorite Stuff: movie, book, you tube video, ice cream flavor, music, and more.
6. Learning and Growing: These are 5 pages where students must write 4 concepts they learned in English/Language Arts, Math, Science, History/Social Studies, and an Elective of their choice.
7. Year in Review: students must choose 3 events that happened during the year that impacted them somehow. They must include a clipping of a newspaper, magazine, or online article. One page per event.
8. Important People: Family and Pet(s), Friends/Teams/Clubs, Teachers, Counselors, and Clergy. Students also write down who's the one person who's made the biggest impact in their life.
9. Need I Say More? In this section students have to write their thoughts on a prompt. Sample prompts: If I had it my way..., If I saved enough money..., If I could start my own business...,and This is what my teacher this year would tell my next year's teacher about me...., among many more! It also asks students to create a circle graph to show how they spent their time on an average week.
10. My Future Sneak Peek
11. Autographs Pages
12. Instructions for Students
13. Instructions for Teacher
14. Grading Rubric
Students will complete the project and then number the pages themselves. This gives you, the teacher, the flexibility to choose which pages you'd like them to complete (all, only 20, 10, etc.). The students should then add page numbers to the table of contents to make it easier to find each section.
This is a lifelong product that you can use over and over again!
Check out other end-of-the year products:
End of the Year Teacher Feedback and Student Reflection Forms
This purchase is for one teacher only. This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. Multiple licenses can be purchased at a discounted price.
This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives. Leave feedback to earn credits for future purchases.