Ee and ea vowel digraphs are reinforced in this pack. Perfect for word work, it contains posters and 20 worksheets to help your students master the ee and ea spelling pattern.
This product can be found in Phonics Bundle - posters and worksheets (US Spelling)
and Phonics Bundle - posters and worksheets (Australian Spelling)
Each vowel digraph has:
- A long vowel pattern poster illustrating the “when two vowels go walking …” rule.
- A poster with six illustrated examples of each word.
- A poster with a list of either ‘ee’ or ‘ea’ words.
- 1 title card and 11 illustrated words for a word wall.
- 2 recording sheets for use with the posters are also supplied.
worksheets are provided for each
individual vowel digraph covering a range of skills:
- Read and Draw - This worksheet requires students to read the sentence and draw the appropriate picture.
- Read and Highlight - Students roll the die, read one sentence and then use a highlighter to identify the vowel digraph in focus.
- Spell the Word - Students spell the word by coloring the letters it contains
- Missing Letters - To complete this activity, students cut out the letter tiles and paste them beside each picture in order to make a word. The remaining letters will spell a word with the vowel digraph in focus.
- Find the Word - Students identify the word and then write it in the matching word box.
- Spin a Picture – Students must spin a picture and then find the word on the sheet and color it.
worksheets that focus on both ‘ee’ and ‘ea’ words are also provided:
- Picture Sort - Students must say what each picture is and listen for a long e or short e sound then paste it in the appropriate place.
- ‘ea’ or ‘ee’ - Students say each picture and then determine whether it has an ‘ee’ or ‘ea’ digraph and write it in the appropriate place.
- Word Sort - Students sort the digraphs into the appropriate column.
- Roll and Read - Students gain practice with reading lists of words containing each vowel digraph.
- Three in a Row - In this game for one or two players, students must identify which words are spelled with ‘ee’ and which with ‘ea’. A recording sheet is also provided.
- Spin and Write - This advanced word work activity focuses on spelling. In order to complete the spelling of a word, students spin a vowel digraph and write it on the word wall in the correct place.
- Match the Words - Students are introduced to homophones with this worksheet. Student must color the homophone pairs in the same color and then write a sentence for each.
- Interactive Notebook - Students must cut along the dotted lines then glue the left hand strip in their notebook. Each strip should be folded to the left. Students write the matching homophone and draw its picture. If there is room, the definition for a homophone can be written under the sheet.
British English spelling is also included.
You might also be interested in:
AI and AY vowel digraphs- posters and worksheets
OA and OW vowel digraphs- posters and worksheets
OO vowel digraphs- posters and worksheets
OI and OY diphthongs- posters and worksheets
OW and OU diphthongs- posters and worksheets
R Controlled Vowels - posters and worksheets
IE and IGH - posters and worksheet
Magic e - posters and worksheet
UE, UI and EW - vowel digraphs - posters and worksheets
Become a follower and take advantage of my Early Bird Specials, freebies and product launches.All new products are half price for the first 24 hours of listing.
Look for the green star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.