Also included in
- Looking for a fun game to get your students practicing their numbers to 20? As you may already know if your students are fans of my EEK! French Literacy Games, EEK! is an engaging game that is great for small group time, but can also be used as an independent centre! If your students love EEK, then$35.00$45.00Save $10.00
- We all know that saving money and saving time are both wonderful things. If you purchase resources from Teachers Pay Teachers, you probably already know about Growing Bundles, and how they can save you money. Well, guess what? A new kind of Growing Bundle is now available in my TPT store! In the pas$70.00$115.75Save $45.75
Looking for a fun game to get your students practicing their numbers to 20? As you may already know if your students are fans of my EEK! French Literacy Games, EEK! is an engaging game that is great for small group time, but can also be used as an independent centre!
All that is required to play the game is what’s included in this pack and a die for each group. If you prefer pocket dice, I have also included cards that can be place inside your pocket dice.
Included in this resource:
- One EEK! Math game, in French, with a Christmas theme
- "I Can" Cards in two different sizes, to help foster student independence
- An EDITABLE game page, so you can use this game to practice anything you like with your students!
How to play:
- Print, cut out and laminate the cards you wish for your students to practice, along with an “I Can” card and game board for each group. You may decide to have your students practice numbers, quantities, or both! I find this game works best in partners.
- Students will put all the cards in a pile face down and place 6 cards onto the game board. One at a time, they will take turns rolling the die. If they can read the number or correctly count the objects on the card that corresponds to the number they rolled, they get to take it off the board and put it in their pile, replacing it with another card from the deck.
- Students continue going through the deck, but be careful - if you there is an EEK card on the board and you roll that number, Santa arrives and ALL of the cards in everyone’s piles go back into the discard pile!
- Once the main deck has been gone through, students can use the cards in the discard pile to continue playing. This game can be played for as long as you like, with no real “winner” necessary ;)
This resource includes cards for the following:
- number symbols (1-20)
- 10 frames (1-10)
- dominos (1-10)
- tally marks (1-10)
- dice faces (1-6)
- counting quantities (how many gumdrops on each gingerbread house?) (1-10)
- counting fingers
You can give your students all of the cards at once, or just give them the cards that you want them to practice! There is also an EDITABLE template, so you can add your own words, symbols, or images!
Check out the preview above for a closer look!
*Please note that this product is contained in a Zip file that includes both a pdf document (the game) and a PowerPoint file (the editable page). In order to edit the game, you must have PowerPoint or Keynote on your computer. Please ensure that your computer can open zipped files prior to purchasing!*
*As this is a Teachers pay Teachers product, this download entitles the purchaser to use it in ONE classroom only. With your purchase, you are able to return and buy additional licenses for colleagues at a reduced rate. Thank you so much for respecting my time and effort!*
Don't forget to click the green star by my name to Follow Me and be among the first to find out when new products and Freebies are added to my store! I would also love if you left me some Feedback, by going to your My Purchases page and clicking Provide Feedback. This gets you credit you can apply towards future purchases!