Hunting for eggs has never been more fun than with our EGGS Literacy & Math Centers for Easter and spring! Little learners in preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten will stay engaged and motivated through the theme with our printable EGGS literacy & math centers.
As always, the bunnies themed learning centers include super low prep literacy and math activities full of EASY to follow directions. This makes these learning centers perfect for preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten.
Use the additional and optional versions and sets of the activities to reach the different learning levels in your classroom. I love that I can use the learning centers seamlessly between my leveled groups in my own pre-k classroom.
The more than 13 EGGS literacy & math centers are part of the ENDLESS Themed Literacy & Math Centers Bundle
. You need this bundle!
Each learning center includes detailed descriptions of the activity and how to play!
Egg Vocab & Write the Room
- 10 egg themed vocabulary word cards are included in both uppercase and lowercase versions. Use the cards in your writing area, during social studies, or along with circle time. There are 3 Write the Room recording papers (trace uppercase words, trace lowercase words, write the words on your own) and Color the Room recording sheets included to differentiate instruction.
Egg Emergent Readers
- 2 levels of readers included
"The Basket" - includes repetition, sight words, predictable number words, and themed words. Includes 2 pages per piece of paper to make copying and assembling books super simple!
"Eggs" (mini) - 2 words per mini page with use of number words in the reader. In this mini book, the entire reader is printed on one page. Practice the numbers and words with clues from the pictures.
Egg Alphabet Hunt & Trace
- Pick an egg alphabet card (put the cards in an Easter basket or sensory bin!) and identify it. Find the matching letter on the recording sheet and trace that letter. Match uppercase to uppercase, uppercase to lowercase, or even lowercase to lowercase depending on learning levels.
Hatching Eggs Letter & Sound Match
- Put the hatching egg tops back on the eggs correctly by finding the letter of the initial sound OR matching letters correctly. Two versions available and recording sheets are included.
Egg Alphabet Match Clip Cards
- Use visual discrimination skills to find and match uppercase letters or uppercase to lowercase letters. Mark the correct letter with a clothespin for added fine motor practice.
Egg Sight Word Match
- Introduce or practice sight words with this egg matching game! Even if your learners aren't ready for sight words, use the activity to identify the same letters in the matching words and reading letters from left to right. Match up the sight words from the Fry 100 list and write the ones matched on the recording sheet. A blank egg page is also included for your use.
Egg Number & Number Word Play Dough Mats
- Pick a number card 1-20 and identify the number. Roll out that many eggs for the basket. Use the number words 1-10 the same way. Change up the activity and create the numeral or number word out of play dough too!
Easter Fun Patterns (AB, ABC, ABB)
- Finish or fill in each pattern with the included picture squares. Three different sets of pattern strips are included to cover AB, ABC, and ABB patterns.
Easter Count & Clip Cards 1-20
- Count the Easter themed pictures on the cards using 1:1 correspondence and counting skills. Find the matching number and clip the answer with a clothespin.
Jellybean 10 Frames & Egg Counting Cards
- Add mini styrofoam decorative eggs or egg mini erasers to the Easter baskets counting up to the number on the card. Add the same number of jelly beans (or included paper jellybeans!) to the 10 frames.
Basket Roll & Color or Write
- Roll a die, identify the number of dots shown, and color in the basket with the same number on it. The recording sheets include baskets with numbers 1-6, baskets with dice showing the dots 1-6, and blank baskets. Use the blank baskets to practice writing numbers.
Count & Find More Eggs
- Count the eggs in each of the pair of baskets on the cards to find which basket has more eggs. Circle the basket on each card with more eggs with a dry erase marker, or use a jelly bean, or mini erasers to mark which has more. Use the recording sheet to practice the skills practiced and color in the basket with more in each pair.
Spin & Color Eggs
- Use a pencil tip and a paperclip as a spinner. Identify the color egg that the spinner lands on. Color in one egg on the recording sheet that same color. Use the color version of the recording sheet to make the learning center reusable and use jellybeans to mark the colored eggs as the color is spun on the spinner. Use the recording sheet with color words for added sight word practice.
-----> You will want to check out the BUNNIES Literacy & Math Centers
too. These centers work closely with the EGGS Literacy & Math Centers!
The EGGS Literacy & Math centers
are so fun, just wait until you see the Egg themed fine motor busy bins
You can find the entire list of the themes that will be included in the ENDLESS Themed Fine Motor Busy Bins