Presentation (Powerpoint) File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This ppt was created aligned to EL Education's Curriculum Module 4 for Grade 2, Unit 1, Lessons 1-12. The Module topic is Providing for Pollinators. The unit topic is Pollinator Characters Who Work Hard to Help Others. The ppt guides you through each part of the lesson including protocols, snips of the supporting documents, and suggested answers. My goal was to keep integrity and fidelity to the curriculum by including all parts of the lesson, but some lessons do not include every Language Dive. Some activities may have been modified or will require preparation of materials ahead of time. This resource is completely editable for teachers to adjust to fit their class needs! I ask that you use it for yourself and do not share.
*Notes section includes information such as standards, vocabulary, and teacher directions/suggestions.
All curriculum lessons can be downloaded for free at https://eleducation.org/
1. Ada, Alma Flor. The Lizard and the Sun. New York: Dragonfly Books, 1997. Print. ISBN: 978-0-440-41531-2. (one per classroom)
2. Marwood, Diane. The Ant and the Grasshopper. New York: Crabtree Publishing, 2009. Print. ISBN: 978-0-7787-7901-8. (one per student)
3. Yahgulanaas, Michael Nicoll. The Little Hummingbird. Vancouver: Greystone Books, 2010. Print. ISBN: 978-1-55365-533-6. (six per classroom)
4. Aesop (2006). “The Ants and the Grasshopper.” (one per student) *included in supporting documents
5. “Bunnyyarl the Flies and Wurrunnunnah the Bees,” rewritten Australian Aboriginal tale. (one per student) *included in supporting documents