EL MUNDO EN TUS MANOS is a bi-weekly news publication that provides comprehensible news summaries from Spanish speaking countries to students. It is a collaboration between The Comprehensible Classroom, Maris Hawkins and Nelly Andrade-Hughes. The target reader for this publication is a student in his or her first to third year of Spanish.
OCTOBER 28 2019 ARTICLES:
- UNA TESIS EN QUECHUA
- EL ÁRBOL QUE COMBATE LA DEFORESTACIÓN
- PRESERVANDO EL PALENQUERO
- INVENTAN PIEL DE NOPAL
- LA PRIMERA ALCALDESA DE BOGOTÁ
Each issue includes the following resources:
- 5 news stories from the Spanish speaking world, written in Spanish and provided in 3 versions (see below)
- Suggested authentic resources for further exploration
- Activities/suggested activities for each news story
- a print-ready, formatted PDF version of each version of the articles
- a projectable, editable version of each article
Each article will be provided in three versions:
- a detailed version with glossed vocabulary
- an advanced version without glossed vocabulary
- a digest/summary version designed for students in their first semester of studying Spanish
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Choose news articles from past subscriptions by topic or country to enrich any unit of study! Subscriptions include articles that touch on all AP themes and highlight various aspects of life in Spanish speaking countries.