**PRE-ORDER YOUR 2021-2022 SUBSCRIPTION NOW! Click here!
EL MUNDO EN TUS MANOS is a bi-weekly news publication that has been providing comprehensible news summaries from Spanish speaking countries to students since 2016. It is a collaboration between The Comprehensible Classroom, Maris Hawkins and Nelly Andrade-Hughes. The target reader for this publication is a student in his or her first to third year of Spanish.
Subscribers save $60 on the cover price of the published issues!
Each issue includes the following resources:
- 5 news stories from the Spanish speaking world, written in Spanish and provided in 3 versions (see below)
- Suggested authentic resources for further exploration
- Activities/suggested activities for each news story #DistanceLearningTpT friendly
- a print-ready, formatted, EDITABLE Slides version of each version of the articles
- a projectable, editable version of each article Ready to use with PearDeck™ for Distance Learning
Each article will be provided in three versions:
- a Novice digest/summary version designed for students in their first semester of studying Spanish
- an Intermediate Low version with glossed vocabulary
- an Intermediate Mid version with no glossed vocabulary
You or your school needs to purchase a separate license for each teacher that plans to use these stories in their classes (5 teachers = 1 full price subscription + 4 reduced price licenses). Additional licenses can be purchased from “My Purchases” in your TpT account.
When this volume is complete, it will contain 20 issues of news summaries in Spanish, published on the dates outlined below. It will also include bonus materials related to the news stories that are published throughout the year. All issues will be stored in the Subscription Google Drive folder, which is accessible via a link that is in the PDF download from TpT.
This year, all articles will be published on Friday mornings so that you have time to load assignments for the coming week into your Learning Management System prior to the Friday afternoon deadlines held by many districts.
Subscribers must access published issues via the link that is downloaded from the subscription product listing - NOT from the individual product listing of each issue.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Choose news articles from past subscriptions by topic or country to enrich any unit of study! Subscriptions include articles that touch on all AP themes and highlight various aspects of life in Spanish speaking countries. Click here to purchase a subscription from last school year (2019-2020).