This 50-question Multiple Choice ELA Test comes with a 7-page Mini-Book so that students can review and practice Literary Terms and standards-based concepts! The exam is now included in Google Forms version for digital use. Great as a final exam or to prepare for state testing.
As we approached state testing time, I designed this product as a tool to “regroup” my students around the topics and skills we'd worked with. Teachers can assess their students’ knowledge and students can self-assess to discover strengths or weaknesses. The test centers on Literary Terms (20 A-E matching questions) and standards-based Reading Skills (30 A-D multiple choice, most with short reading passages).
LITERARY TERMS on this Assessment AND in the Mini-Book are:
STANDARDS-BASED READING SKILLS on this Assessment AND in the Mini-Book are:
--Narrative Point of View (First Person, Third Person Limited, Third Person Omniscient)
--Literary Point of View (Narrator’s Point of View, Character’s Point of View, Conflicting Points of View)
This product contains:
1. ELA ASSESSMENT – The 7-page test covers all of the topics listed above. After identifying the definitions of literary terms (Questions 1-20), students must read short passages and respond to challenging prompts that require a close reading of text, question, and possible answers (Questions 21-50). These questions are designed for deeper thinking and application of knowledge, and are aligned with Common Core Standards RL 6. 1,2,3,4,5 RL 7. 1,2,3,4,6 RL 8. 1,2,3,4
2. DIGITAL LINK TO TEST IN GOOGLE FORMS – A PDF document contains the link you’ll need for the digital version of the ELA assessment, with directions for accessing the resource and sharing with students. (Digital test is self-grading.)
3. MINI-BOOK – This 7-page Mini-Book is fun to assemble, work on, and refer to as a handy study guide for both this test and state test preparation. It provides definitions for all Literary Terms, and allows student practice for Making Inferences, Context Clues, Connotation, Tone, and Mood.
4. INSTRUCTIONS for Assembling the Mini-Book – Pictures and written directions for folding and cutting to form the book.
5. ANSWER KEYS – An answer key is provided for the 50-question test. An answer key is also provided for the practice sections of the Mini-Book.
6. ASSESSMENT WITHOUT ANSWER BLANKS - A copy of the test is provided without answer blanks if you plan to have students use an answer sheet (such as a Scantron).
The Assessment and Mini-Book are perfect if you are looking to grab a final exam and have an engaging review tool.
Please open the PREVIEW to view a part of the product.
Thank you! --Joy
You might also like teaching with:
---Yes! Join my list to receive Teaching Tips, New Product Updates, and FREEBIES from Joy