TEN+ DAYS of Common Core lessons ready to teach. These creative lessons are scaffolded so that they are easy for teachers to use and for students to successfully complete.
Each EDITABLE lesson includes a beautiful Common Core Lesson Plan and Classroom Presentation. With a 'Warm Up' and 'Ticket Out the Door' for bell to bell teaching.
That means TWO WEEKS of LESSON PLANS are DONE!
What's important to me about these lessons is that they address Common Core Skills with meaningful lessons that make students think creatively.
Beautiful presentations brighten your classroom and the Common Core lesson plans are done for you. All lesson items are EDITABLE so you can cut and paste lessons for submission, edit to customize, or simply open and use.
Each lesson is designed for one class period, but also comes with extension ideas to adjust to the length of any class period or extend over more than one day as desired. Also, most lessons are NO COPIES REQUIRED or handout optional.
Classroom tested and administrator approved.
These lessons are fantastic for:
- Back to School - The first two weeks (when books aren't ready & schedules keep changing).
- Lessons in your back pocket - for when you simply need something that's ready to go.
- Fun Friday - Fill every Friday for 10 weeks!
- Sub Plans - Ready to go, just leave for a sub.
- Transition between units - Great in-between-ers.
- Any day you need a high quality lesson ready to teach!
Each Lesson Includes:
- Common Core Lesson Plan (Word Document/Google Doc)
- Classroom Presentation (Power Point/Google Slides)
Some Lessons Include:
- Graphic Organizer
- Assignment Handout
- Pre-writing Planner
- Grading Rubric
ALL MATERIALS are EDITABLE and can be used AGAIN and AGAIN!
CHECK IT OUT - Click on each lesson above to see detailed previews or read below for summaries:
- "Whip Story" - EVERY student must participate! Every student is busy during every moment of this fun, class building, writing lesson where the whole class depends on every student. NO COPIES REQUIRED!
- "Priorities Straight" - What better topic to discuss in the first week than priorities? In this critical thinking group lesson students must READ BIOGRAPHIES of 'real' people and determine how to set their priorities straight. Then students reflect on how they themselves prioritize.
- "Word Webs" - Use words like INTEGRITY, RESPONSIBILITY, KINDNESS, and/or any words of your choice to create beautiful word webs to DECORATE YOUR CLASS. NO COPIES REQUIRED!
- "If Walls Could Talk" - This is a lesson where students INTERVIEW an OBJECT. One of my favorite lessons - students work with a partner or own their own to create an interview with an historically important object. Handout Optional.
- "Letter Lesson" - Students brainstorm all the different types of letter writing. Then students create different types of letters. The power of this lesson is that you can teach it once and then let students know that this will be your Sub Plan for the REST OF THE YEAR. You could also re-use this lesson anytime you need to send a class thank you letter, at holidays, and etc. NO COPIES REQUIRED / REUSABLE.
- "Scaffold Story" - Students pick story components that they then have to fit together to make an organized story. Scaffolded to make the lesson accessible for all learners.
- "Judge A Book By Its Cover" - is a lesson where students predict the tone and mood of the book by making a book cover. Students work on prediction, tone, and mood. NO COPIES REQUIRED.
- "Protagonist Post" - is a lesson where students create an 'online' post that the their chosen character might make online. Students work on characterization.
- "The Middles" - In this lesson students get the beginning and end of a story, but have to fill in the middle. Students think about structure and organization.
*BONUS - FREE LESSON! "Ancient Artifact Writing" This lesson is included for free and can be found no where else! In this lesson students think about how objects become valuable and students write about an artifact. Students practice the role of dialogue in literature.
**BONUS - Some lessons include reusable grading rubrics and handouts.
***BONUS - Everything is EDITABLE for your flexibility and the potential to REUSE lessons with a little tweaking.
****With one free lesson and discounted pricing this is an incredible value!
Other Teacher's Best Products We're Proud of:
• Classroom Essentials:
- ELA RUBRIC BUNDLE
- SUB PLANS BUNDLE
- ELA 9-10 CLASSROOM ESSENTIALS BUNDLE
- EMERGENCY SUB PLANS
• Rhetoric & Persuasion:
- RHETORICAL APPEALS UNIT BUNDLE
- ETHOS PATHOS LOGOS EXAM
- ETHOS PATHOS LOGOS Multimedia PRESENTATION
- ADVERTISEMENT INVENTION PROJECT
- RHETORICAL APPEALS WRITING ASSIGNMENT
- PROPAGANDA & PERSUASION TEST
• Literary Terms & Lessons:
- 3-TYPES of IRONY BUNDLE
- IMAGERY & DESCRIPTIVE SENTENCES
- HARLEM RENAISSANCE POETRY EXPLORATION
- GOLDILOCKS & the 3 POEMS
• Final Exams and End of Course Materials:
- COMPLETE English 9-10 Final Exam
- COMPLETE English 11-12 Final Exam
- Self Evaluation Essay
- High School Final Exam Essay
We are glad to offer professional and time saving products that add to the amazing things you are already doing in the classroom. Teacher Power!
* FREE! How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Head on over to the My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I always love getting positive feedback. Additionally the feedback gives you credits to use on your future purchases. A win/win!
* Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. Follow and get the heads up!