A Daily ELA warm-up that: Is perfect for the first 9 week grading period.
- Doesn't need to be copied.
- Can just be displayed.
- Requires 5 minutes or less.
- Features an idiom of the week.
- Features 3-4 Questions.
- Cooperative partner checking/ talking.
- Contains a sentence that needs to be edited and/ or elaborated daily.
- Contains extra standard-based skills.
- Each 4th week it reviews the skills previously taught.
- Contains activities on most days that require Vocabulary words and Spelling Words. (They should be able to access them on a list or somewhere in the room.)
- Is enjoyable and fun.
- Once trained, your students will grow with this short, daily exercise.