This bundle includes:
1) an 11-slide PowerPoint presentation on identifying, using, and differentiating between dependent and independent clauses, for grades 3 and up. This is a great introduction for any students expected to create complex sentences, which include both an independent and a dependent clause.
The presentation includes:
a) an overview of what clauses are;
b) an overview of what dependent and independent clauses are;
c) an overview of markers that make clauses dependent;
d) an overview of how to punctuate sentences that use dependent clauses;
e) practice identifying dependent clauses and their markers (with answers); and
g) a pop quiz that covers information on dependent and independent clauses (with answers).
The bundle also includes:
2) 3 practice activities for dependent and independent clauses (with answers) MS Word format; and
3) a 43-question formative assessment for this concept (with answers) in MS Word format.
Other purchase options:
1) If you want only the PowerPoint, it is listed separately in my listings ($3.00).
2) If you already have the PowerPoint and want only the practice activities and assessment, you can purchase that bundle separately as well ($5.00).
3) For those who want to pick and choose which handouts they want, I am posting each practice activity and the test for purchase separately ($1.50 each).
Deanne Davis, MCPSS
P.S. I recently added some new HARD GOOD items! I am offering NEW Scholastic paperback children's books with 4 writing prompts based on the CCSS text types for grades 2-5: opinion, informative, explanatory, and narrative ($6.00 each).