This is a 14-slide PowerPoint presentation on using commas in dates, cities & states, and items in a series (and by the way, I am a fan of the Oxford comma).
The presentation includes:
1) an overview of using commas in dates (with examples);
2) practice using commas in dates (with answers);
3) an overview of using commas to separate cities from states, provinces, or countries (with examples);
4) practice using commas to separate cities (with answers);
5) an overview of using commas to separate items or phrases in a series (with examples);
6) practice using commas to separate items or phrases in a series (with answers); and
7) a pop-quiz to review all concepts covered in the presentation (with answers).
Other purchase options:
1) I am posting individual practice activities (worksheets) for this concept for purchase separately in my listings ($1.50 each).
2) I am also posting a formative assessment (test) for purchase in my listings ($1.50).
3) I am posting a bundle of all practice activities AND the assessment ($5.00).
4) I am posting this PowerPoint, with all practice activities and the assessment ($7.00).
Deanne Davis, MCPSS
P.S. I recently added some new HARD GOOD items! I am offering NEW Scholastic paperback children's books with 4 writing prompts based on the CCSS text types for grades 2-5: opinion, informative, explanatory, and narrative ($6.00 each).