This is a 14-slide PowerPoint presentation for introducing and practicing using coordinating conjunctions.
The presentation includes:
1) an overview of conjunctions and coordinating conjunctions (with examples);
2) a mnemonic device (FANBOYS) to help students remember the 7 coordinating conjunctions;
3) examples of coordinating conjunctions between words and phrases;
4) examples of coordinating conjunctions between compound sentences;
5) guided practice slides showing how to combine two simple sentences into a compound sentence using a coordinating conjunction (with answers);
6) independent practice using coordinating conjunctions with compound sentences (with answers).
Other purchase options:
1) I am posting individual practice activities (worksheets) for this concept for purchase separately in my listings ($1.50 each).
2) I am also posting a formative assessment (test) for purchase in my listings ($1.50).
3) I am posting a bundle of all practice activities AND the assessment ($5.00).
4) I am posting this PowerPoint, with all practice activities and the assessment ($7.00).
Deanne Davis, MCPSS
P.S. I recently added some new HARD GOOD items! I am offering NEW Scholastic paperback children's books with 4 writing prompts based on the CCSS text types for grades 2-5: opinion, informative, explanatory, and narrative ($6.00 each).