This unit is designed to be used with any fictional books in a large group or guided reading format. It can also be used as a project- based or self-directed learning unit and can be adapted to multiple age groups 3rd-7th. Use this packet with guided reading books, basal stories, independent reading books or a novel study. After being introduced to the narrative elements, students can use their knowledge of the different elements to turn their stories into a board game.
This unit includes:
* 15 Day unit overview scope/sequence
* Reflection questions
* Vocabulary Sheet
* Graphic organizer note taking sheet
* Game blue print design sheet
* Building a game checklist
* Playing other group's games evaluation graphic organizer
* Post reflection questions
* Board game marketing/ advertising plan
* Unit rubric.
This is one of my students favorite literary units! I have the students create board game boxes out of clothing gift boxes. We keep the board games in there with all of the supplies and directions all year. Students love playing these games at recess and at open house with their families.