EMERGENCY ELA SUB PLANS!
Why do you need this?
As a veteran teacher with three children I have learned that life happens. While I tend to be a warrior when I am under the weather and come to school no matter how close to death I may be feeling, I can’t do the same when one of my children gets sick at 3 AM. Rather than be unprepared for these unfortunate circumstances, I created this…a resource that I can have ready to go in a binder that is always on my desk in case I am not able to be at school.
This resource includes:
• A high-interest reader’s theater script
• Reader Response Questions
• Context Clue Word Work
• Summary Strategy Organizer
• Story Map
• Text-Based Journal Prompt
• Word Work Word Search
• Story Cover Makeover
• 3-High Interest Journal Prompts for Writing
• Post-Reading Project
Before the school year I get this binder ready to go, labeled (EMERGENCY SUB PLANS), all copies are made(at least 25 of each), and I update with student attendance, lunch count, and current class seating charts. While I always prepare my classroom for the following day before leaving, having this binder on my desk for a sub, administrator, or instructional teammate to grab in a pinch is ideal. This way my students are engaged, productive, and learning even when I have to be out of the classroom.
Best of luck with your school year!
For ALL of my EMERGENCY ELA SUB PLANS:
• Emergency ELA Sub Plans for Grades 4-8 Set #1
• Emergency ELA Sub Plans for Grades 4-8 Set #2
• Emergency ELA Sub Plans for Grades 4-8 Set #3
• Emergency ELA Sub Plans for Grades 4-8 Set #4
• Emergency ELA Sub Plans for Grades 4-8 Set #5
• Emergency ELA Sub Plans for Grades 4-8 Set #6
• Emergency ELA Sub Plans BUNDLE for Grades 4-8
I would love your feedback on this product. Also, feel free to FOLLOW me so that you have the chance to find out about any new novel units, reader's theaters, or other language arts materials for the middle grades I create as soon as they are posted.