This is a letter you give to students that introduces you the teacher and asks students to introduce themselves by writing a letter back to you. Start the year with assessment and student self-reflection with this independent student activity.
This letter is reading, writing, and following directions ASSESSMENT along with an INTEREST INVENTORY all-in-one!
The letter asks students to reflect on their own strengths and areas they need to improve as readers, writers, speakers, and group participants. The letter also asks students interest inventory questions such as: favorite book, favorite movie, etc.
Students also have the change to explain anything that they need you to know - like a preference to sit in the front of the room or their concern about speaking in front of the class.
This is a great activity to assign for part of a class period to establish the expectations for silent work time. This is also a great homework assignment for the first week of school.
All the directions students need is in the letter itself.
This is an editable Word Document or Google Doc. You simply fill in the address at the top with the school's address (marked for you) and then fill an introduction about yourself (marked for you).
The rest is done for you.
As an editable document you can assign this electronically on a platform like Google Classroom or print and give as a handout.
I hope this adds to the already awesome things you are doing the first week of school!
Other Teacher's Best Products We're Proud of:
- SLG / SLO Student Learning Growth Goal TOOL
: EASY for you & DATA for admin. SLG / SLO? DONE!
• Classroom Essentials:
- ELA RUBRIC BUNDLE
- SUB PLANS BUNDLE
- ELA 9-10 CLASSROOM ESSENTIALS BUNDLE
- EMERGENCY SUB PLANS
- High Quality Common Core Writing & Critical Thinking Lessons-Ready-to-Teach:
- GET YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT
- LETTER LESSON
- IF WALLS COULD TALK
- WORD WEBS
- PROTAGONIST POST
- JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER
- THE MIDDLES
- WHIP STORY
- BUNDLE - E.L.A. TEACH-MANY-DAYS COMPLETE SET
• Rhetoric & Persuasion:
- RHETORICAL APPEALS UNIT BUNDLE
- ETHOS PATHOS LOGOS EXAM
- ETHOS PATHOS LOGOS Multimedia PRESENTATION
- ADVERTISEMENT INVENTION PROJECT
- RHETORICAL APPEALS WRITING ASSIGNMENT
- PROPAGANDA & PERSUASION TEST
• Literary Terms & Lessons:
- 3-TYPES of IRONY BUNDLE
- IMAGERY & DESCRIPTIVE SENTENCES
- HARLEM RENAISSANCE POETRY EXPLORATION
- GOLDILOCKS & the 3 POEMS
• Final Exams and End of Course Materials:
- COMPLETE English 9-10 Final Exam
- COMPLETE English 11-12 Final Exam
- Self Evaluation Essay
- High School Final Exam Essay
We are glad to offer professional and time saving products that add to the amazing things you are already doing in the classroom. Teacher Power!
* FREE! How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Head on over to the My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I always love getting positive feedback. Additionally the feedback gives you credits to use on your future purchases. A win/win!
* Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. Follow and get the heads up!