PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
During this "How To' Unit, students will explore How To (Procedural Texts) of topics of interest. Students will be given the opportunity to explore the concepts covered in the lesson through a variety of learning styles.
What is a “How-To” Book?
- teaches how to do something with words and/or pictures.
- has steps or directions in order.
- tells what is needed to make something.
- usually short books.
Questions: While students make observation of different procedural text.
1. What is your book about?
2. What is the first step in your book?
3. What is your book showing us?
4. How many steps are shown in your book?
5. What are the pictures showing/ telling you?
6. What is the main topic of your book?