Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Teaching inquiry is a year long process in literature, but the foundation can be taught in one unit, to set students up for the rest of the year for application. This unit is designed to address the following:
- What is inquiry
- Application of inference and observation in given scenarios
- Practice with inquiry through inquiry chart (icharts)
- Flocabulary review for assessment
This presentation is set up in the following way as a unit:
- Presentation for mini lesson and inquiry building skills
- Pictures to help students understand application of inquiry
- Activities to build on inquiry (links in comment section of slides)
- Foldables for notes (notes are included to be cut out and put in foldable with image to show foldable)
- Integration of science concepts (sharks) for cross curricular integration
- Flocabulary link for review and assessment
In this bundle, the presentation is included, along with the notes for cutting out for students. In the presentation inn the comment section of each slide are notes to give websites for ichart usage (I do not own the rights to the ichart, however have provided the website to get the ichart so you can edit it to your own questions), suggestions for different websites to use, including reading passages and an inference vs. observation activity for reinforcement
This activity was planned for 30 minute sessions over the course of 2 weeks.
This unit addresses the following standards:
· 5-I.1.1 - Formulate questions to focus thinking on an idea to narrow and direct further inquiry.
· 5-I.2.1 - Explore topics of interest to formulate logical questions; build knowledge; generate possible explanations; consider alternative views.
5-I.5.2-Employ past learning to monitor and assesscurrentlearningtoguideinquiry.