Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Instead of boring lectures that students tune out, introduce or review EVERY secondary reading literature, reading informational text and grammar common core state standards using informative and engaging "mini-lesson" videos (QR code & URL formats)!
- Word DOC containing 78 URL video links
- PDF containing 78 QR codes
We all know kids will pay attention to anything that is on a screen. Whether you struggle with classroom management or you can't hook student interest in mini lessons, you can reduce teacher talk time and increase student focus by replacing lectures, mini-lessons and test prep review with videos that introduce, explain and give clear examples of secondary reading skills!
Don't stress about scripting a mini lesson or designing informational PowerPoint slides for a lecture or review session. Simply press play and let the engaging video do the work!
This is perfect for traditional mini lessons, test prep or as an engaging edtech tool for a blended classroom for students to watch independently on their personal computers or tablets.
Common Core ELA mini-lessons and edtech blended learning are fun and easy with videos!
Never plan another mini-lesson!
Never have disengaged students or classroom management stress again!
Simply play videos to teach ELA skills!
78 QR codes and clickable URL links to YouTube videos that can be played to the entire class or used by students on their personal devices in a blended learning classroom. 76 of the 78 videos are YouTube videos from various educational sources, 1 (context clue video) is Flocabulary which requires a one month free trial (no credit card info required only basic contact info) to watch the whole video, and 1 is a study.com video.
**Now videos are organized in order by common core reading standard and accessible via QR code and clickable URL link!
If your school does NOT allow YouTube, simply Google search “youtube to MP4” on your home computer; use any of the first sites to instantly convert the QR code YouTube link to an MP4 file & play from your school desktop, SmartBoard or PPT.
78 Videos Teach the Following Skills:
- Main Idea
- Main Idea in 2+ Passages
- Main Idea & Supporting Details
- How Setting Affects Characters & Plot
- Plot Elements
- Types of Conflict
- Direct & Indirect Characterization
- Character Traits & Motives
- Character Responses to Events
- Major vs. Minor Characters
- Literal & Inferential Questions
- Answering Literal Questions with Text Evidence
- Evaluate Claims & Evidence
- Compare & Contrast
- Compare & Contrast Nonfiction Texts
- Point of View
- Author's Purpose
- Sequence of Events
- Text Features
- Using Illustrations
- Cause & Effect
- Compare Contrast Text Structure
- Problem Solution Text Structure
- Moral & Theme
- Types of Heroes
- Rhetorical Devices, Ethos, Logos, Pathos
- Verbal Irony, Situational Irony, Dramatic Irony
- Subject-Verb Agreement
- Adjective vs. Adverb
- Parallel Sentence Structure
- Run-On Sentences & Comma Splices
- Pronoun Antecedent Agreement
- Semicolon vs. Colon
- Dictionary Skills
- Roots, Prefixes & Suffixes
- Context Clues
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Mood vs. Tone
- Poetic Meter
- Poetic Rhythm,Rhyme, Assonance, Alliteration
- Critical Reading Strategies
- SAT & ACT Reading Standardized Test Taking Strategies
Want 75 pages of NO PREP lesson plans, student handouts & video links to teach & practice EVERY single common core standard for reading literature & reading informational texts (Grades 6 - 12) using engaging and inspirational short films?
Download one of my ELA BUNDLES to teach, practice & assess EVERY single reading standard using fun video clips:
THIS PRODUCT IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY OF THE LINKS, FILMS, VIDEOS, WEBSITES OR ORGANIZATIONS LINKED IN THE PRODUCT QR CODES; IT IS FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE ;)
WANT MORE PRINT & GO CULTURALLY RELEVANT RESOURCES?
NEED MORE NO PREP RESOURCES?