This is a 14-slide PowerPoint presentation to review possessive nouns (I have a Harry Potter themed PPT to introduce possessives) and introduce commas in contractions.
The full presentation includes:
1) a review of possessive nouns;
2) an overview of what a contraction is;
3) an overview of an apostrophe's purpose and placement in a contraction;
4) an overview of common contractions (pronouns + being verbs);
5) practice (with answers) differentiating between sentences with contractions, possessives, and a common student mistake: plurals with apostrophes (i. e. The dog's ran. GASP!)
Other purchase options:
1) You can purchase 3 individual practice activities (worksheets) and a formative assessment (test) for this concept in my listings ($1.50 each). Alternatively, you can purchase all 3 worksheets and the test bundled together for $5.00.
2) You can purchase a bundle of this PowerPoint, all practice activities, AND the assessment ($7.00).
Deanne Davis, MCPSS