Phonemic awareness is known as one of the Big Ideas of Reading. Children need practice in hearing the sounds or phonemes of words. If you use DIBELS to monitor progression in phoneme segmentation, this is a great resource to have.
Child will look at a picture on the circle and say the name. Child will pick out letters and put them on the Ferris Wheel and put the picture in the middle of the Ferris Wheel. Worksheets are included that have every picture that is in the printable.
--1 Ferris wheel mat
--28 buckets with letters (vowels are red)
--40 CVC ccircles
--20 CVCe circles
--20 CCVC circles
Suggestions, tips, and differentiation:
* Child will listen to a word presented orally then proceed as usual.
* Can be used alone for assessment purposes.
* Buckets can be used in practice of spelling words--just print more.
* Can be used in small group or at a literacy center.
* Can also sort vowel sounds using buckets and circles.
* Worksheets included to use as extra practice, recording, and/or assessment recording.
* Buckets can be used as alphabet flash cards.
* Differentiation- can write the words on backs of circles so that beginners can feel successful as well as a self check option.
Similar listing also available:
Apple Picking Phoneme Segmentation
Blooming Phoneme Segmentation
Falling Leaves Phoneme Segmentation
Valentine Phoneme Segmentation
Showers of Phoneme Segmentation
Snowflakes Phoneme Segmentation
Become a Follower
Be the first to know about store sales and new products by clicking the green "Follow Me" star on this page under the store name. Another way is to click the green star on the home page of Creations by Mrs Mouse.
Carnival of Thanks!!
Creations by Mrs Mouse