Also included in
- PBL Unit Bundles for ELA Classrooms : English classrooms are at an advantage when it comes to Project-based Learning -- our content is based on skills and creation. These three PBL units cover research, writing, reading, and speaking in a way that will engage your students and clearly relate to the$29.52$37.00Save $7.48
Students will be able to research and design a product, whilst identifying, utilizing, and citing reliable sources.
Imagine a research paper unit that will involve your students in the act of toy creation, guide them through the research process, teach them to analyze both media and nonfiction, correctly cite sources, and market a toy. This doable, user-friendly unit will engage your students in toy creation: watch as your students consider the costs of toy creation and must research the ins and out of toy production; enjoy the thrill of students filming their own advertisements; inspire your students through the joys of toy design.
Students will step into the role of toy designers and marketers and, along with their groups, will create a prototype of a new toy, research their target buyers, sell it to a targeted audience, and craft a website to present for a panel of investors and your peers.
You deserve to simplify your planning through enriching, engaging resources.
What is it?
- Research instruction from start to finish
- Interactive, Google compatible toy creation, research and advertising guides
- Collaborative and product creation supports to ensure student success
This unit includes:
- 132 pages of digital (Google Classroom compatible) and PDF project files
- A detailed list of learning goals using the Know-Understand-Do format
- An entry event guide and game to engage students in this project from the get-go
- An entry document laying out the requirements of the project
- A project planning document, including a group contract, scrum board, target market analysis, and prototype planning guide.
- A group contract presentation to scaffold student collaboration skills.
- A viewing guide for a toy marketing case study: "The Toys that Made Us" documentary on Netflix
- Powerpoint presentation on Ethos, Pathos, and Logos
- Guided advertisement analysis of popular ads
- A toy brainstorming document looking at modern trends in toy design
- A toy manual writing guide, where students look at technical writing mentor texts to analyze their structure, audience, and purpose
- Virtual MLA notecards and MLA citation guide
- Research paper outline assignment
- Advertising Campaign guide
- Culminating Product guide
Engage. Challenge. Inspire: Take your planning to the next level.
Interested in more project-based learning units?
How to Get FREE TPT Credit to Use on Future Purchases:
- Go to the My Purchases page and you'll see a Provide Feedback button next to your purchase. Click on it and it will take you to a page where you can give a quick rating and add a short comment in order to receive TPT Credit that you can use for the purchase of your choice!
Want to be the first to know about store discounts, sales, freebies, and new products?
- Scroll to the top of this page and click on the Follow Me button next to my profile picture. This will ensure that you'll get updates about everything going on in my store!