This is a 23-slide PowerPoint presentation on using quotation marks and commas to punctuate direct quotes, for grades 3 and up. The presentation includes:
1) an overview of direct vs. indirect quotes;
2) practice identifying direct and indirect quotes (with answers);
3) an overview of direct quotes;
4) an overview of the parts of a quote (quote and tag);
5) an overview on punctuating quotes with tags at the beginning, ending, and middle of a quote;
6) independent practice to punctuate quotes with tags in all 3 locations (with answer keys).
Other purchase options:
I have also posted 4 individual practice activities and a formative assessment (test) for this concept (with answer keys) in Word format ($1.50 each, or all 5 bundled for $6.00). Additionally, you can purchase this PPT with all 4 of the practice activities and the formative assessment as a bundle ($8.00).
Deanne Davis, MCPSS