This presentation is what I use to introduce our novel study on The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. I have found it is helpful for students to have a basic understanding of who Zeus is and what a Chimera is before we dive into the book.
The presentation includes:
1) a listing of the 12 Olympian gods (Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Demeter, Ares, Athena, Apollo, Artemis, Hephaestus, Aprodite, Hermes, & Dionysus);
2) a slide for each god giving information about lineage, symbols, personality, history, etc.
3) a listing of some important Titans and other gods (Hades, Kronos, Rhea, Hestia, & Prometheus);
4) a slide for each Titan or other god giving pertinent information;
5) a listing of several monsters and creatures from Greek mythology (Furies, Fates, Harpies, Dryads, Naiads, Nereids, Charon, Minotaur, Echidna, Medusa, Cerberus, Chimera, Centaurs, Satyrs, & Chiron); and
6) slides to provide information on each monster and creature.
Deanne Davis, MCPSS
P.S. I recently added some new HARD GOOD items! I am offering NEW Scholastic paperback children's books with 4 writing prompts based on the CCSS text types for grades 2-5: opinion, informative, explanatory, and narrative ($6.00 each).