These reading & ELA comprehension strategies posters, graphic organizers, and activities are a must have for reading comprehension strategy instruction for both fiction and nonfiction text. Grab this bundle at more than 50% off products sold separately! Check out the preview for a closer look!
7 Reading Comprehension Strategies Posters
: Each have images depicting how to use each strategy (Color or B&W). These 7 reading comprehension strategies are research-based from the 7 Keys to Comprehension by Susan Zimmerman.
1. Visualize/Create Mental Images
2. Use Background Knowledge/Use Schema/Make Connections
3. Ask Questions (includes separate QAR Poster)
4. Make Inferences (includes Making Predictions)
5. Determine Importance
6. Synthesize Information
7. Monitor Comprehension/ Use "Fix Up" Strategies
5-10 Graphic Organizers per Reading Strategy:
*50 Total* These graphic organizers can be used fit a wide level of reading and writing abilities, making them perfect for differentiating reading strategy instruction in your classroom. All graphic organizers can be used for both fiction or nonfiction texts unless specified.
Follow-up Activity Ideas:
Suggestions for classroom activities that provide students with additional practice using each Reading Comprehension Strategy
As a K-8 ELL Reading Specialist, I like to make products that can work across many different grades, and these reading comprehension strategy posters & graphic organizers do just that!
*This product is also discounted as part of the HUGE Reading Comprehension Strategies, Fiction, and Nonfiction Graphic Organizers Bundle
More Literacy Resources:
• Reading Strategies Posters & Anchor Charts
• Reading Fiction Graphic Organizers
• Writing Units: Informational, Narrative & Opinion Writing with Writing Word Wall Grades 1-3
© 2016 Raise the Bar Reading