This is the ultimate set of language arts reference pages ready to print and glue onto a file folder. These ELA lapbooks for grades 3-5 give reference materials to help students be independent learners. These pages are jam packed with academic content!
You can also laminate the pages or glue them into literacy journals or binders, use them in your reading centers or send them home so students and parents have references at their fingertips!
There are 4 pages of PDF language arts helper pages in color and 4 PDF pages in black and white and there's 2 page options included for "sentence types". Also included are 2 pages of file folder labels in 2 formats - MS Word editable and PDF print and use.
Need a smaller size? Print at 92% to fit student composition books!
Topics Included with Definitions and Examples:
• Parts of Speech (Common Nouns, Proper Nouns, Singular Nouns, Plural Nouns, Pronouns, Prepositions, Adjectives, Verbs (Past, Present, Future), Adverbs
• Word Study (Common Word Roots, Common Prefixes, Common Suffixes)
• Types of Sentences (Declarative, Interrogative, Exclamatory, Imperative)
• Types of Sentences (Statement, Question, Exclamation, Command) **NEW Option!
• Types of Writing (Expository, Narrative, Persuasive, Descriptive)
• Poetry Figurative Language (Alliteration, Hyperbole, Idiom, Imagery, Metaphor, Onomatopoeia, Personification, Simile)
• Reading Comprehension Strategies
• Using “I” or “Me”
• Spelling Tricksters (its, it's/ to, too, two/ their, there, they're/ your, you're/ desert, dessert, weather, whether/ are, our/ lose, loose)
• No Excuses 100 Word Spelling List (Commonly used in writing)
• Making Connections (Text to Self, Text to Text, Text to World)
• 6 Traits of Writing (word choice, ideas, organization, sentence fluency, voice, conventions)
• Author’s Purpose (P.I.E – Persuade, Inform, Entertain)
• Plot Diagram (Exposition, Conflict, Rising Action, Climax, Falling Action, Resolution)
• Four motivational reading and writing quotes
Also included is a MS Word file of name labels you can type into. These print on Avery 5160 or 8160 sticker labels. This uses the stickers that print 30 labels per sheet (envelope labels).
These helper pages are not tagged for Common Core but they reinforce many CCSS-M concepts.
These ELA helper charts will be a great tool for your learners and best yet, you can you them year after year!
You Might Also Like These Helper Reference Items for Grades 3-5:
• BUNDLED SET Language Arts, Math, Social Studies & Science Lapbook Reference Charts
• Math Lapbook Reference Charts
• Social Studies Lapbook Reference Charts
• Science Lapbook Reference Charts