This is a 13-slide PowerPoint presentation to introduce sentences, fragments, and run-ons. The presentation includes:
1) an overview of sentences (with examples);
2) an overview of fragments (with examples);
3) a strategy to fix fragments (with examples);
4) an overview of run-ons (with examples);
5) 3 strategies to fix run-ons (with examples);
6) independent practice identifying sentences, fragments, and run-ons, and practice fixing fragments and run-ons.
I am in the process of posting practice activities and assessments to accompany all of my PowerPoint presentations, so check back often. If you're looking for worksheets or assessments for this concept, and I've not posted them yet, feel free to email me, and I'll move your request to the top of my posting list. =)
Other purchase options:
1) I have 3 worksheets for practicing this concept and a formative assessment ($1.50 each).
2) You can purchase a bunch of all 3 worksheets and the assessment ($5.00).
3) You can purchase the full bundle of 3 worksheets, the assessment, and this PowerPoint ($7.00).
Deanne Davis, MCPSS
P.S. I recently added some new HARD GOOD items! I am offering NEW Scholastic paperback children's books with 4 writing prompts based on the CCSS text types for grades 2-5: opinion, informative, explanatory, and narrative ($6.00 each).