This resource was created for use as prep for state ELA tests. This resource includes:
* Text Selections taken from Classic Novels that are available in Public Domain including: Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, The Island of Dr. Moreau, Jane Eyre, The Divine Comedy, Frankenstein, Gulliver's Travels.
* Grade 8-12 Lexiles for challenging students with text complexity and to provide stretch for advanced students.
* Standards based questions and prompts including: tone, text structure, theme, word choice, point of view, interpreting phrases, characterization, citing textual evidence, text complexity, and central idea
* Great for use as task cards, bell ringers or practice questions for state testing. The resource is divided into three text selections/tasks per page.
* Each question/prompt requires a short answer response that moves beyond comprehension to analysis and application of the text to answer the prompt
* Time allotment for each selection and prompt would be 10-15 minutes per prompt if students produce a thoughtful attempt