This fun and engaging resource is also available as part of my Multi-Holiday Growing Games & More Bundle
. Check out the savings now!
Bring fun and differentiation to your middle or high school English Language Arts lessons this February - or any time - with a collection of 7 editable, customizable ELA games!
All CCSS-based, your students will be working with combining word parts (portmanteaus), syllables (charades), summary skills (famous love story flash summaries), literary devices (bingo), and idioms (picture-ary). You'll be using an effective scaffolding technique
, combining cognitive and affective
teaching strategies, while addressing multiple intelligences
and learning styles
Lessons in Idioms, Word Parts, Literary Devices, Summarizing, and more. Use this product in different ways: each game would be a great review to last approximately 30 minutes (depending upon your students), and can be done on separate occasions. You might want to have a game day and set these games up as stations for students to choose and rotate. However you choose to use them, your students will be having fun and you'll be directing essential skill practice. Each game includes step-by-step directions for teachers. Use again and again. Enjoy! ♥
English Language Arts Games, Junior High and Secondary, ELA Valentine's Day Games
If you like this, below are other lesson materials you may enjoy:
Lessons with Song Lyrics
1. My Life Symbolized by Song Titles
2. Coldplay's "Violet Hill" Song Lyric Analysis Lesson
1. Ghost Hunt - Spooky & Motivational Informational Reading for Internet
2. The Twilight Zone "The Masks" Lesson
1. Literary/Poetic Devices "Tab-shoo"
2. Literary Elements "Tab-shoo"
3. Characterization: Character Portrayal Game
4. "Name That Tone" - Author's Tone Game
5. Hangman Template (a step-by-step easy approach to the process of the game)
Thank you for stopping by my store! ♥ ♥